Braulio Alonso High School
Swim & Dive Team
Welcome to Raven Swimming & Diving! This is the site for the team at Alonso High School in Tampa, FL.
Get ready for the Fall 2020 season!
Athletes can now begin uploading their paperwork for the 2020-2021 school year. Anyone who wishes to be cleared before practices begin in late July should submit their paperwork by mid-June (ideally before June 7th). See the top of the Resources page for more information and links.
Alonso holds an interest meeting the evening of the last day of school for rising 9th graders (or students who will be new to Alonso) and their parents who want more information about the school's athletic teams. This year, the Ravens Sports Paperwork Informational Meeting will be held virtually on May 29th 2020 at 6:00-6:30 P.M. Complete the information in this form to be sent the link for the meeting: https://tinyurl.com/y6v7uvmy. At 7:00 P.M., or immediately after this general sports meeting, Coach Guerra and Coach Salazar will hold a meeting just for those who want more information about the swim and dive team. If you want the link for that meeting, email Coach Guerra: Lenora.Guerra@sdhc.k12.fl.us.
Usually our team holds an after-school meeting in May for Alonso students interested in swimming or diving in the fall. This will be adapted this year, and details will be posted here when known.
If you moved during the school year and want to stay at Alonso, remember that you have to complete the school choice paperwork properly, especially to be eligible to participate in a sport. The most recent choice window closed May 17th.
If you are already looking for ways to return to training, check out our diving and resources pages for information about club teams for aquatic sports in our area. Some have already returned to the water while still social distancing.
Some highlights from the Fall 2019 season
- Both boys' and girls' teams finished with winning records, with 6 wins and 3 losses each.
- Both boys' and girls' teams improved on their Fall 2018 standings at Western Conference, and the girls' team improved theirs at Districts.
- Three new Alonso team records were set: boys 6-dive, boys 11-dive, and girls medley relay.
- The girls' team earned the highest GPA of all Alonso fall sports teams, as well as the 3rd-highest girls swim team GPA of all HCPS schools
Some highlights from the Fall 2018 season
- Both boys' and girls' teams improved their Fall 2017 Western Conference and Districts team standings.
- One of our boys set a new team record, and four of them tied another one.
- We successfully initiated new fundraisers.
We would like to thank our generous sponsors for the 2018-2019 season:
These are local businesses in our community who support our young athletes. Please support them!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact Coach Guerra!