Braulio Alonso High School
Swim & Dive Team
Welcome to Raven Swimming & Diving! This is the site for the team at Alonso High School in Tampa, FL.
Get ready for the Fall 2020 season!
Athletes should upload their paperwork for the 2020-2021 school year (it has been available since mid-May). See the top of the Resources page for more information and links. The standard clearance time is 7-10 days after submitting paperwork; if errors are made, total time (with multiple submissions) can take over a month. If you moved during the school year and want to stay at Alonso, remember that you have to complete the school choice paperwork properly, especially to be eligible to participate in a sport. The most recent choice window closed May 17th.
Athletes are encouraged to stay active over the summer in order to prepare for the swim and dive season. Team conditioning (with safe distancing) starts June 15th, but only for athletes whose paperwork has been cleared. We meet in the upper parking lot at the Northwest Family YMCA and run along the trail.
- Mon/Wed 7-8 A.M.
- Tue/Thu 8-9 P.M.
Coach Guerra and Coach Salazar enjoyed getting to meet new members of the team in virtual meetings and are looking forward to another great season! If you have any questions about athletic paperwork or our team, contact Coach Guerra via Remind or email.
Some highlights from the Fall 2019 season
- Both boys' and girls' teams finished with winning records, with 6 wins and 3 losses each.
- Both boys' and girls' teams improved on their Fall 2018 standings at Western Conference, and the girls' team improved theirs at Districts.
- Three new Alonso team records were set: boys 6-dive, boys 11-dive, and girls medley relay.
- The girls' team earned the highest GPA of all Alonso fall sports teams, as well as the 3rd-highest girls swim team GPA of all HCPS schools
Some highlights from the Fall 2018 season
- Both boys' and girls' teams improved their Fall 2017 Western Conference and Districts team standings.
- One of our boys set a new team record, and four of them tied another one.
- We successfully initiated new fundraisers.
We would like to thank our generous sponsors for the 2018-2019 season:
These are local businesses in our community who support our young athletes. Please support them!
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact Coach Guerra!